A Designer's War
For two players
Synopsis: The core of this game is to get your game out to the entire world...or at least, eliminate the competition to prevent them from doing so.
- A Designer's Warground
- Two d20s (twenty-sided dice)
- Two "Game" reference cards ("The Indie Prophecy" and "Call of War: Reach Triple A")
- ~20 red stones
- ~20 blue stones
- Lay the board out such that everyone can see and access it.
- Decide who goes first by calling even or odd on a d20 roll.
- Whoever goes second gets to pick their "game."
- The first player is the "game" their opponent did not pick.
- Each player's d20 should start with the 20 facing up
- This is representative of health, you lose if yours hits 0.
- Each player should also have the following starting materials:
- "The Indie Prophecy" should have the blue tokens and the respective reference card
- "Call of War: Reach Triple A" should have the red tokens and the respective reference card
- Each player chooses where to start:
- "The Indie Prophecy" can start on any blue tile.
- "Call of War: Reach Triple A" can start on any red tile.
- Each player starts with one token of their color on the region they start in
- "The Indie Prophecy" is shortened to "TIP" from here on out.
- " Call of War: Reach Triple A" is shortened to "CoW:RTA" from here on out.
Region Control Rules:
- Each region has it's own color - red or blue.
- That color is unrelated to which player has control of it.
- A region with a red token is controlled by "CoW:RTA".
- A region with a blue token is controlled by "TIP".
- A red token and a blue token on a region simply cancel out.
- Each player may Move and make an Action each turn, in any order:
- You may move up to 2 times
- Each move is into an adjacent region
- Attacking the opponent (must be on the same region or adjacent to the opponent to do so).
- Attacking deals damage equal to the number of regions you control
- Use an ability
- Refer to your respective reference card for abilities
- There are two ways to win:
- Take control of every region on the board
- Bring your opponent's health to 0.
President: Claude Comair
Instructor: Scott Dodson
Designer: Kate Reinhard
Awesome TA: Kevin Sheehan
All content © 2012 DigiPen (USA) Corporation, all rights reserved.